An ecological approach
The renovation of the Domaine in 2021 combines traditional know-how with an ecological approach. In respect of the old building, natural materials have been used for both the site layout and the furniture in order to reduce our environmental impact. We set up a recharging point for electric cars and bicycles which we can lend for your walks around the estate.
- Energy management : We have set up a consumption dashboard with weekly and monthly measurements. The photovoltaic panels installed on the roof of our seminar room produce the electricity for your lodge.
- Heating and air-conditioning : Our priority is your convenience. We have chosen quality double glazing. The roof, walls and floors are very well insulated with high-performance and environmentally friendly materials in order to offer you optimal thermal comfort and well-being.
- Tap hot water system: The water heater is close to your hot water consumption and we have installed water reducers on all taps. All pipes are insulated.
- Lighting : We favour natural light as much as possible. Lighting is exclusively with LED lamps. The selected household appliances are energy efficient.
- Photovoltaic solar : The photovoltaic solar panels installed on the roof of the reception room supply your gite with electricity. The production of our photovoltaic station that is not consumed is sent and stored on the electrical network; for consumption at night or for the heating of the swimming pool.
- Fuelwood : A wood-burning stove completes the Canadian well heating system for the conference room "L'Atelier".
- Waste management : Food waste is put into the composters or is given to our laying hens. Selective sorting is implemented on the domaine.
- Maintenance & cleaning : We only use green cleaning products and white vinegar.
- Consumptions Water : Outdoor watering is done with rainwater; we use economical watering systems (drip and timer).
The gardens: Our 3 hectare park is certified AB (Agriculture Biologique). We produce our own organic vegetables and our beautiful laying hens provide us with eggs all year round. We have chosen to develop the space to encourage biodiversity in the park. Some of the trees are over 300 years old! Other species have been selected to provide shelter and food for the numerous birds. We have also installed nesting boxes for chickadees, insect hotels and a bat house. During your stay, you will probably see wild rabbits in the park and squirrels at the foot of your gite! Our park is a nature and bird refuge labelled by the LPO.